Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March Challenge

Hi Everyone, Me once more with my challenge for March and also to introduce a very special Guest Designer. Firstly though, I must tell you all that this challenge will be my last as part of the OP Design Team and I would like very much to thank Mary, Kim and Annette for letting me be a part of this wonderful challenge site for the last 14 months or so, it has been an absolute pleasure to work with the girls and I have enjoyed my time here immensely.
Now...... without further ado I would like to introduce to you JOHN WESTON! my GD for this month.

Some of you may know John, but for those that don't, this is what John has to say about himself.

Hi, I'm John Weston and I live in Orange N.S.W with my wife and two sons who are the reason why I scrap. Have been kind of scrapbooking since 2010 when my wife bought an album that I would stick one photo along with a ticket or certificate from when it was taken. Then I met Bec from Marally Craft who talked me into taking Mary's class. They started me on a journey of techniques, blogs and challenges for which I will always be grateful
I love to layer paper on my pages as well as try different techniques. This is my first GD and I would like to thank Cheryl for asking me. Very honoured to be here.

And here is John's gorgeous page. My challenge for the month is to take a vintage pic and scrap it with non traditional colours eg: no creams, browns etc


Thanks so much John , you have nailed this challenge to perfection.



And now........ here is my take. I pinched a pic of Burt Lancaster and Ava Gardner fro the internet (naughty me) and its from the 1946 movie The Killers by Ernest Hemingway.



I have only used one piece of pp for this page and its from the Kaiser Looking Glass collection, the little love birds are fussy cut from an old piece of Graphic 45, the splats are a recently released Kaiser stamp. Clock chippie is from Scrapmatts, Kaiser blooms, hearts cut from acetate using the cricut, The little black wood piece is from Craft Queen , I have painted it black and the leaves are a die cut from spellbinders. That's it for me, and hoping that you can all find the time to play along this month.
Cheryl
**********************************
Welcome John as our GD for this month.
 John and Cheryl fabulous layouts for the challenge.. A beautiful vintage photo John and you have done a wonderful job still retaining the vintage feel , using no vintage colours.
Cheryl that photo is a bit stunning and love the touch of Orange and I need that splat stamp!
I was sent me the gorgeous Blue Belle Range from Kaiser to play with for Scrapbookit for which I have set a challenge over there for this month. I think this layout fits the criteria for Cheryl's challenge at Orange Paperie

WE BEGIN AND END WITH FAMILY


Looking forward to seeing lots of lovely entries
Mary 
******************************************

4 comments:

  1. Yay, thank you John for the mention! Your work has changed so much. And your style evolved. Great layout!
    Bet this is a challenge for Mary and Kim, because you like the vintage colours so much. Beautiful layouts girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page by John......what an interesting TWIST of a challenge....getting my thinking cap on...love what you guys have done here:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, Congrats on your 1st GD spot....how exciting. Great challenge and beautiful page.
    Cheryl love your page, great pic and colours.
    Beautiful page Mary.
    Thanks for your inspiration everyone...like Lizzy I have my thinking cap on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, I have seen you around but so nice to read more about you and your scrapping journey.. You have created a wonderful layout with that old photo.. I hope to join in with this one too..

    ReplyDelete