Saturday, April 5, 2014

April Challenge

Hello all! Jo here. My turn to set the challenge for this month, which is Autumn for us here in Oz and I'm sure all of you who live in the Northern Hemisphere are very excited that Spring is finally here. My challenge this month is CIRCLES AND FLOURISHES.
I'm very excited to introduce to you our very special friend and this month's Guest Designer ....

BEC TIMMS (someone who hales from the UK but, lucky for us, is now an honorary Aussie). Thank you Bec for sharing some inspo with us and I'm sure everyone will love how you've tackled the challenge.


Hi, I'm Bec Timms, I live in Orange N.S.W with my partner, Charlie. Originally from Southampton in the UK, we moved to Australia in the New Year of 2011.
 I started scrapbooking in Nov 2012 when the lovely Mary Bennetts started classes at Marally Craft, the store I worked at.
I had met Mary, Kim and Annette as regular customers of the store and had always been interested in their purchases, as primarily I am a card maker. 
And have been card making throughout my 20’s.
I have recently scrapped with Jo and Cheryl and enjoyed meeting them very much. 
 The Orange Paperie girls started me on a journey of techniques, blogs and challenges, even helped answer my questions such as, “what is a sketch?”
Since then I have discovered a love for sketches, they are a perfect inspiration point with the ability to tweak anything to your personal style.  I love that every layout made from a sketch can be completely different and personal to the creator.
I love bright colours, washi tape, and chippies.  My favourite scrappy website is Home and Scrapped as it’s very welcoming and relaxed.  My muses in my scrapbooking pages are my nephews Isaac (4) and Nathaniel (2).  They mean absolutely everything to me and one of my ways to stay in touch with them, is to scrap their gorgeous faces on my layouts.
In fact the layout I have completed for Aprils’ OP Challenge is of my youngest nephew walking through a field of lavender.
Thank you Jo for thinking of me to be your GD this month, I feel very honoured as I admire all you ladies very much!!!
And here is Bec's stunning layout:


I love the stencil work on this page & that beautiful photo within the pretty circle frame is perfect for our theme. Thanks Bec. For closies and more info pop over to Bec's blog HERE

In total contrast to what Bec has come up with, here is my inspo for the challenge. This is what I love about challenges, the very different ideas that everyone has. I hope you like it.


I've chosen to use large chipboard cogs for my circles as well as clocks. My flourishes are the die cut leafy swirls. For closies and info about the other techniques I've used go to my blog HERE

Next up is our lovely Mary. Over to you Mare...

Wow hard acts to follow!
Thank you Bec for being our GD this month, such a beautiful , soft, delicate layout for such a gorgeous photo. Just the right amount of soft , sweet touches.
and Jo Such a gorgeous masculine layout of your beautiful Tim. Love the weathered board and title.


BUSTER



This is my husband with his dogs Buster and Pogo. For the story of Buster the 5c dog you can visit my blog 
Here
Thank You Jo for the fabulous challenge. I love Circles and flourishes
Next up will be Kim

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic work Bec, Jo and Mary, all totally different and all stunners!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages fantastic takes on the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how your beautiful layouts are so different and each stunning in ITS way. Absolutely love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Mary, Bec and Jo.....Some of my favourite things in this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layouts for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete